The SKAdNetwork campaign in test mode should not replace any of your existing iOS campaigns and goals. This feature allows you to test SKAdNetwork campaigns to see the initial performance and compare it against your regular iOS campaigns.
Follow this guide to create an advertising campaign for targeting SKAdNetwork compatible iOS 14+ inventory.
Before You Begin
- Only approved iOS apps are eligible to create a SKAdNetwork (iOS 14+) advertising campaign. Contact your account manager or support to submit your iOS app for approval.
- No more than one SKAdNetwork campaign per app, per creative type (video, static, playable) can be created.
- Only 9 active campaign targets can be created per SKAdNetwork campaign.
Start A New SKAdNetwork Advertising Campaign
- From your navigation, go to Advertising > Campaigns.
- Click + Create New Campaign at the top right.
- Select your iOS app to be promoted in the campaign.
- Give it a Campaign Name that helps you quickly identify the campaign.
- Add a new target to customize your campaign further. Set Geos, daily budgets, billing type, goal type, bundle IDs, and creatives. Click Save Target once you’ve finished customizing this target.
- Add any additional targets or click Next Step to continue.
- Set any Advanced Settings as desired by selecting a Minimum OS and inputting bundle ID(s) to block those specific apps.
- Click Next Step.
- Review your new campaign setup. If everything looks good, click Next Step to complete your campaign creation.
Your campaign will automatically be submitted for approval. Please allow 24 to 48 hours for the review process. An email will be sent when your campaign has been approved or rejected. Reasons for rejection will be included in the email. Otherwise, check back on your campaigns page to see the status of your campaign.
Optimize Your Campaign with Targeting
There can only be 9 active campaign targets per SKAdNetwork campaign. You will be able to add more targets to the campaign but they will automatically be created as disabled.
- If you have recently archived campaigns or recently disabled targets, that might be limiting the amount of new active targets available for your active SKAdNetwork campaigns.
- By default, your target will include all countries, all OS versions (which for this campaign is all 14+ OS versions), and all device types.
- Once a target is created you're not able to delete the target, you will only be able to disable or enable it.
Optimize Your Campaign With Advanced Settings
You can also use Advanced Settings to schedule your campaign, filter out specific apps or companies, target specific device lists, and more. Learn more about advanced settings.
Bids and Budgets
You can use the Flexbid tool, but only the bid dimension country will be supported for SKAdNetwork campaigns.
Daily budgets under $500 are often exhausted very quickly or even exceeded. You will receive email notifications when your campaigns are close to reaching their daily limits. You can edit campaigns from these emails.
Your advertising campaigns' minimum budget will vary on the bid type:
- CPI campaigns have a minimum daily budget of $100.
- CPM campaigns have a minimum daily budget of $250.
Review our Advertising FAQs to learn how to avoid going over budget, how much you should bid for clicks and installs, and more information on bid types.
Supported ad creative type: static, video, or playable.
Note. Each app can only have one campaign per creative type.
Edit A SKAdNetwork Campaign
In the Advertising Campaigns Overview you'll find SKAdNetwork iOS 14+ campaigns marked with the iOS 14+ icon.
To edit an existing SKAdNetwork campaign, click on the campaign to enter the campaign page and make any necessary edits.
- You can disable a campaign which will put it on pause, but you won't be able to create a new campaign with the same creative type. Instead, make any edits to the existing campaign and enable it again.
- You can archive a campaign but you will NOT be able to unarchive the campaign. Instead, you will have to create a new campaign.
- You are not able to duplicate a SKAdNetwork campaign.
To edit targets in a SKAdNetwork campaign, click on the campaign and make any edits on the campaign page, however, please note the following:
Editing of any (CPI or CPM) targets on any campaign
- One campaign can have unlimited targets but only 9 active targets. Additional targets created will be disabled by default.
- If you had a target that's been active and then disabled, you will have 7 days to re-enable the target, or else it will remain disabled indefinitely.
View Your SKAdNetwork Installs In Your MMP Dashboard
We will forward all SKAdNetwork installs to attribution partners which will be available for you to view on their respective dashboards. We currently support Appsflyer, Adjust, Singular, and Kochava.